Beware of coronary heart disease, here are 10 ways to prevent itHealth
The reason is, the main factors for coronary heart disease and other cardiovascular diseases are lifestyle and poor diet.
Superblogseo's friends, let's start being aware of coronary heart disease by taking the following prevention efforts.
In order to avoid coronary heart disease, Superblogseo Friends can do the following:
1. Healthy eating patternThe main cause of coronary heart disease is the narrowing of the coronary arteries. Coronary blood vessels will supply blood to the heart.
The presence of this narrowing, makes the blood supply to the heart becomes blocked. Whereas the function of the heart itself is to pump blood to all organs throughout the body. Blockage in the walls of the coronary arteries occurs due to deposits of fat and cholesterol.
For this reason, avoid foods that contain lots of fat or contain high cholesterol. A healthy diet can help protect the heart, improve blood pressure and cholesterol, and reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes .
Here are the rules of eating to prevent heart disease or avoid its recurrence:
- Limit intake of salt, sugar, refined carbohydrates, alcohol, saturated fat (found in red meat and full-fat dairy products) and trans fats (found in fried fast food, chips, baked goods)
- Reduce seafood because it contains high cholesterol which can harm the heart.
- Food should be processed by boiling, steaming or roasting. If you want to fry, Friends of Superblogseo can use olive oil because it has a little fat content.
- Consumption of low-fat or nonfat food products such as milk, cheese, butter or other low-fat foods.
- Eat lots of fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Avoid foods with high sugar content such as soft drinks .
- Do not consume too many carbohydrates, because in the body, carbohydrates will be broken down into fat. Instead, consumption of wheat can help keep the heart healthy.
- Eat beans or other legumes and whole grains
2. Quit smokingSmoking cigarettes is not very good for heart health, so stop this habit immediately to keep your heart healthy.
The nicotine element produced by cigarettes can damage the walls of blood vessels. When the wall is damaged, again cholesterol is easy to stick, thus increasing the risk of heart disease.
3. Avoid stressEven though it is difficult, Superblogseo Friends should avoid stress to keep the body healthy. When a person experiences stress, his body will release the hormone cortisol which causes blood vessels to stiffen.
Especially, if you include people who deal with stress in unhealthy ways such as overeating, drinking or smoking.
Find alternative ways to manage stress such as physical activity, relaxation exercises, or meditation, and take vacations to keep your heart healthy. But of course you have to pay attention to a few things so that the vacation can really provide benefits for heart health.
4. Adequate and quality sleepLack of sleep can increase the risk of obesity, high blood pressure, heart attack, diabetes, and depression . Adults need at least 7 hours of sleep every night.
Make sleep a priority to keep your body healthy. Avoid staying up late and set a sleep schedule that must be adhered to. To improve sleep quality, keep the bedroom dark and quiet, making it easier to fall asleep.
If you think you've had enough sleep but are still tired throughout the day, make a visit to your doctor. Mitra Keluarga Kemayoran has a Sleep Disorder Clinic service which is the first integrated clinic in Indonesia that is engaged in sleep medicine.
Friends of Superblogseo can provide consultation services, education, examinations to complete treatment of various sleep disorders.
5. Blood Pressure ControlHigh blood pressure and high cholesterol can damage the heart and blood vessels. Control blood pressure to keep the heart in a healthy condition.
Some ways to control blood pressure are regular exercise. Avoiding salty and fatty foods can lower blood pressure by about 7%. If your blood pressure is still high, visit your doctor for prescription blood-lowering medications.
6. Maintain an ideal weightBeing overweight can increase your risk of heart disease, high blood pressure, high cholesterol and type 2 diabetes. Know what your body mass index (BMI) is using your ideal height and weight.
Currently, there is a body mass index calculator that can be easily accessed online.
7. Exercise regularlyExercising has good benefits for the body and prevents various types of diseases. In addition to being healthier and fitter, exercise can also maintain an ideal body weight because it can burn fat in the body.
If you have received therapy for the heart, Superblogseo Friends can choose sports such as gymnastics, brisk walking, cycling, and swimming. Create an exercise schedule and follow it in a disciplined manner.
A minimum of 30 minutes to an hour a day. It's better to do a little but routine, not straight to heavy exercise but not routine.
8. Take prescribed medicationIf you already have coronary heart disease, your doctor will prescribe medication to help relieve symptoms and stop further problems from developing.
If you don't have CHD but have high cholesterol, high blood pressure or a family history of heart disease, your doctor may prescribe medication to prevent developing heart-related problems.
Whatever medicine your doctor prescribes, it is very important to take it and follow the correct dosage. Do not stop taking the drug without consulting your doctor first, as doing so will worsen your symptoms and endanger your health.
9. Recognize the symptoms of coronary heart diseaseCoronary heart disease usually begins with typical symptoms. Call it a feeling of heaviness or pain in the chest area that arises during activities.
This complaint will decrease or disappear after the patient rests but this pain can feel more intense until a cold sweat occurs. Sometimes complaints can also be a feeling like choking.
Superblogseo's friends should recognize the symptoms of coronary heart disease so that they can get fast and appropriate treatment before a heart attack comes.
10. Rutin medical check upEarly examination is recommended for Superblogseo Friends who have family members with coronary heart disease conditions at a young age. The Cardiologist and Blood Vessel Specialist may suggest a detection procedure.
Early detection of coronary heart disease can be done with regular medical check-ups which include physical examinations, blood laboratory examinations, heart records (ECG), chest X-rays, heart exercise tests with weights ( Treadmill ), up to or coronary angiography according to the patient's condition.
The facilities for early examination and treatment of heart disease at Mitra Keluarga are quite complete. If you experience early symptoms of heart disease or have had a mild heart attack, don't ignore it.
However, if symptoms of a heart attack begin to occur, it is very important to seek medical help immediately. The greatest risk of death from a heart attack is within one hour of having a heart attack.
To make it easier when you want to make an appointment with a doctor, make an online consultation appointment through the Superblogseo.web.id website.
Friends of Superblogseo can also take advantage of the telemedicine services owned by Superblogseo.
Hopefully this information is useful, yes!