6 Ways to Get Rid of Chapped FeetHealthy Life
Therefore, taking care of the skin on the feet, especially the heels, is important. However, if you already have cracked feet, you can overcome them in a number of ways that Jovee has summarized below. Come on, see more!
How to get rid of cracked feetCracked skin on the feet can occur for many reasons. Usually, this condition arises from certain habits such as standing too long, often walking barefoot, shoes that don't fit, or it can also be a sign of a certain disease.
Proper care of the heel of the foot can help treat cracked feet. Here are a number of ways to get rid of cracked feet, which are quoted from various sources.
1. Apply moisturizerOne way to get rid of cracked feet is to regularly apply moisturizer. You can use a moisturizer with a thick texture such as petroleum jelly or shea butter. With a thicker texture, the heel moisture will last longer than just using a moisturizer with a liquid texture that absorbs quickly into the skin.
For maximum results, you can use socks after using moisturizer and leave it overnight. The purpose of the socks is to prevent the moisturizer from hitting other surfaces such as floors and carpets, so that the level of moisturizer that is applied does not decrease.
2. Exfoliate with a foot scrubNot only face and body, foot exfoliation also needs to be done regularly, Jovians. Exfoliation is done to exfoliate dead skin cells that have accumulated, especially on the skin of the feet which has a thicker layer than the rest of the body's skin.
You can exfoliate yourself at home with natural scrubs, such as a mixture of sugar, honey, and coconut oil. The sugar will help clean the skin pores, while the honey and coconut oil will provide extra moisture to cracked feet. For maximum results, use a pumice stone or a special foot brush to scrub away dead skin cells and accumulated dirt.
3. Use natural oilsThe next way to get rid of chapped feet is to massage your feet with natural oils such as olive oil or coconut oil. Natural oils tend to work better than lotions because they absorb into the skin faster, and they also have minimal side effects because they are natural ingredients.
According to Healthline , coconut oil is often recommended for moisturizing dry skin, eczema, and psoriasis. So, this natural oil can be the right choice to get rid of cracked feet permanently with regular use.
Soak your feet in warm water for 20 minutes, then gently brush them and apply coconut oil to keep them moist.
4. Avoid habits that cause cracked feetTo prevent cracked feet from getting worse, you should avoid the following habits.
Taking too long a shower. Dermatologists suggest the maximum time for a bath is no more than 10 minutes.
Use a mild soap, which is free of alcohol and fragrance
Use a shoe size that fits and is comfortable on the heel. The wrong shoe size not only causes cracked feet, but also increases the risk of calluses on the feet
Avoid soaking feet in hot water.
Do not use a moisturizer in cold weather. Low ambient temperatures can make your skin drier, especially the skin on the face and feet.
5. Take skin supplementsTaking skin supplements can also help skin health from within. Choose supplements that contain collagen, vitamin E , fish oil, or evening primrose flower extract which are known to be good for maintaining skin moisture from within.
You can try Blackmores Evening Primrose Oil + Fish Oil (Rp347,998) which can be purchased more efficiently at Jovee. Made from quality ingredients, this Blackmores skin supplement contains omega 3 as well as evening primrose flower extract which is beneficial for body care, especially skin, hair and nails.