15 foods that lower blood pressure quickly, Easy to Get!Healthy Life
For people with hypertension, the most important natural remedy for high blood pressure is to maintain a daily diet. That is, stay away from outside snacks, excessive salt, and fast food. Generic drugs are effective in lowering high blood pressure, but they are temporary and do not treat the source of the problem.
Therefore, it is very important to know the types of foods that can lower high blood pressure. Usually, these foods are filled with minerals such as potassium, calcium, and magnesium which have a positive impact on hypertensive patients.
Curious about what foods you need to eat? Here are foods that are scientifically proven to be effective in relieving high pressure!
Take care of your health every day and fight germs that cause disease with selected health products here!
1. Fresh VegetablesVegetables do have a good reputation for health. No wonder why this food is used as a natural high blood pressure medicine.
To lower high blood pressure, choose vegetables with dark green leaves such as kale, arugula, and spinach. This vegetable contains the minerals potassium and magnesium which are proven to be effective in maintaining stable and healthy blood pressure.
2. BitsDeep red beets are loaded with nitrates, which turn into nitric oxide, a gas that stimulates the blood in just 24 hours.
You can eat beets directly or make juice drinks. Experts suggest drinking beet juice about 250 ml per day to lower high blood pressure.
3. BananasPeople with hypertension are generally advised to eat foods rich in potassium to remove excess sodium in the body. One of the natural remedies for high blood pressure which is rich in this mineral is bananas.
One banana contains about 420 mg. But remember, eating one banana is not enough. According to the American Heart Association (AHA), the recommended amount of potassium is 4,700 mg per day.
So, don't forget to add other potassium-rich foods!
4. Dark ChocolateGood news for chocolate fans. Food from cocoa beans is a source of flavonoid antioxidants to improve blood flow and reduce high blood pressure. However, this effect only applies to dark chocolate with a minimum of 70% cocoa.
Adding almonds to dark chocolate can also help lower the risk of heart disease. However, still limit your intake of dark chocolate to around 28 grams per day!
5. OatmealIn various studies, oatmeal has been shown to be effective in reducing systolic and diastolic high blood pressure. The secret? The beta-glucan fiber present in oatmeal.
In addition, high-fiber foods can suppress hunger and prevent obesity. Now there is also the option of delicious overnight oats. Complete with berries, granola, and cinnamon powder for a healthy and delicious breakfast.
6. Skimmed Milkyou know that milk is a natural source of calcium and vitamin D. The combination of the two nutrients has been shown to reduce high blood pressure by 3-10 percent. From this decrease, the risk of developing heart disease decreases by 15 percent too!
Make sure you consume skim milk, aka nonfat milk. High fat content can raise blood pressure and trigger heart disease.
7. YogurtNot fond of skim milk? You can choose yogurt as an alternative to your daily milk intake. Like skim milk, yogurt is loaded with calcium, which helps blood vessels work, which is important for healthy blood pressure numbers.
Be careful, avoid yogurt which is high in sugar. Instead, add natural sugars to yogurt such as fruits and honey which are much healthier.
8. Fish Rich in Omega-3Did you know , not all fish are rich in fish oil or omega-3? Only fatty fish such as salmon and mackerel are high in omega-3s.
Omega-3 oils are useful for lowering blood pressure, inflammation, and triglyceride fats. Fish can also be used as a source of protein. Therefore, doctors often recommend that everyone eat fish at least 2 servings a week.
Of course, now getting fish oil intake can be made easier with omega-3 supplements in tablet form.
9. FlaxseedFlaxseed is actually very versatile. Flaxseed is often used in cake baking, and can be added to any food and drink. From juices to yogurt to salads.
In one study, the blood pressure of hypertensive patients decreased when they consumed 30 grams of flaxseed daily. Who would have thought that a small seed size has many benefits?
10. BerriesBerries such as strawberries , blueberries, and blackberries contain flavonoid antioxidants that can reduce hypertension. Berries you can put in oatmeal, yogurt, and just smoothies . Also suitable as a healthy snack in between meals.
11. WatermelonThe combination of sweet and juicy taste of watermelon is very delicious when consumed in the midst of Indonesia's hot weather. Watermelon is also rich in L-citrulline which functions to stabilize blood pressure, especially in the ankle and hand arteries.
12. Olive OilNow, many people are starting to use olive oil or olive oil for cooking stir fry or salad dressings for health reasons. Olive fruit extract is scientifically proven to be effective in fighting inflammation and lowering high blood pressure.
Compared to other cooking oils, olive oil is packed with healthy unsaturated fats. Naturally, olive oil is known as the healthiest type of oil.
13. GarlicThe taste and aroma of garlic is commonly used in various Indonesian specialties. In addition to making food much more delicious, garlic's antibiotic properties are often used as natural remedies for various diseases. One of them is high blood pressure.
14. SpicesPeople with high blood pressure certainly know the importance of reducing salt in cooking. Well, you can use spices to make cooking spices so that the food is still delicious. Besides being delicious, it is said that some spices can help reduce high blood pressure temporarily.
Many choices of spices that are easy to find in Indonesia, including cinnamon, basil leaves, and turmeric. You no longer need to eat boring food, because each spice has a unique aroma and taste.
15. PomegranateOne of the natural remedies for high blood pressure that must be consumed is pomegranate. In a short time, the antioxidant content of pomegranates can reduce blood pressure levels in hypertensive patients. You can consume pomegranate directly or used as a refreshing drink to relieve thirst.
Well, that's a row of foods that are effective in lowering high blood pressure. To be more effective, people with hypertension must maintain salt intake in their daily diet. Don't forget to also maintain a healthy lifestyle by diligently exercising and avoiding stress.