15 Effective & Correct Ways to Lower High Blood Pressure at homeHealthy Life
Someone who has high blood pressure or hypertension needs to be careful. Several conditions that trigger hypertension include age, heredity, poor lifestyle, rarely exercising, eating unhealthy foods, stress, and consuming alcohol. In addition, certain diseases such as diabetes, kidney, and thyroid are also factors that trigger high blood pressure in a person.
Well, through this Superblogseo article , we will discuss how to reduce high blood pressure quickly and accurately so that it does not endanger health. Listen!
1. Lose WeightThe first way to reduce high blood pressure quickly and naturally is to lose weight. Obesity or overweight triggers hypertension. Excess weight can trigger the heart to work harder so that blood pressure increases. Therefore, losing weight is one way to reduce high blood pressure which is quite effective. A person who has a normal and ideal weight does not have a great risk of high blood pressure, unless he has a bad lifestyle.
Plan for a healthy diet as soon as possible so that the accumulation of fat and cholesterol does not increase. Blood flow and pressure become smooth and normal so that hypertension can be handled properly.
2. Live a Healthy DietThe next tip or way to lower high blood pressure is to live a healthy diet. A healthy diet is carried out by eating regularly, not skipping breakfast, and eating healthy foods such as fruits, whole grains, vegetables, and low-fat milk. In addition, these healthy foods are also able to lower cholesterol levels in the body.
By eating these foods regularly and reducing saturated fat in the body, blood pressure will slowly stabilize. Replace fried foods with boiled or steamed foods to reduce the entry of saturated fat in the body. You can also drink high blood pressure lowering juices such as carrot juice, grape juice, orange juice, and banana juice. There is a potassium content in the fruit juice which serves as a high blood-lowering drink.
3. Consumption of Foods That Can Lower High BloodEating foods that can lower high blood pressure can also be tried as a way to lower high blood pressure and cholesterol at a young age. Some examples of healthy foods that can lower high blood pressure without drugs include:
Green vegetableOne example of a food that causes high blood pressure is green vegetables. Green vegetables such as spinach are high in magnesium and potassium so they can control blood pressure. If consumed regularly, then the blood pressure in the body will become stable.
Dark ChocolateAnother food that can lower high blood pressure is dark chocolate. Although it has a bitter taste, dark chocolate has a high antioxidant content that causes elastic blood vessels. It is recommended to consume 1 ounce of dark chocolate per day to lower high blood pressure. But make sure the dark chocolate does not contain sugar, yes.
YoghurtIn addition, you can consume yogurt to lower high blood pressure. Yogurt can be used as an alternative to cow's milk to meet the calcium needs in the body. Regularly drinking yogurt can reduce blood pressure by up to 20%.
OatmealAnother food that can lower blood pressure is oatmeal. Oatmeal contains high fiber and is needed by the body to maintain normal blood pressure. Therefore, consuming oatmeal regularly is one way to lower high blood pressure.
4. Consider Increasing Your Potassium IntakeAs previously explained, potassium is one of the minerals that the body needs. One of its uses is to control blood pressure by removing excess sodium from the body. How to reduce high blood pressure can also be done by increasing the intake of potassium in daily nutrition. Examples of foods that contain high potassium include spinach, cabbage, and bananas.
5. Limit Salt and Sodium ConsumptionSalt and sodium are triggers for a spike in blood pressure if consumed in excess. Salt is generally found in cooking, snacks, soft drinks, and canned or frozen food. If the amount of salt and sodium is too excessive, it is certainly not good for blood pressure. Therefore, the next way to lower high blood pressure is to limit salt and sodium intake in daily food. Please note that the daily requirement of salt and sodium for adults is only 1500 to 2000 mg per day.
6. Do Sports Regularly and Actively MoveHow to lower high blood pressure to normal is then done with regular exercise . To get normal blood pressure, make sure you exercise at least 30 to 60 minutes every day. Regular exercise can stabilize blood pressure and make the body healthier.
Here are some types of exercise that can reduce high blood pressure:
WalkWalking is one of the easiest exercises that can be done as a way to lower high blood pressure. You can walk at least 30 minutes a day. Calories and fat that are wasted when sweating make blood pressure more stable.
JoggingIn addition to walking, you can also jog every day to maintain and stabilize blood pressure. No need to linger, just set aside 30 minutes for jogging every day.
BicycleAnother sport that can reduce blood pressure is cycling. Currently cycling is one of the most popular sports favored by many people. Because it turns out that in addition to being healthy, cycling regularly is also beneficial for the heart and blood pressure.
SwimmingTo lower blood pressure, you can also swim regularly. Do swimming at least once a week to get a fit body and stable blood pressure.
7. Reduce and Manage StressHow to lower high blood pressure can also be done by managing stress. Without realizing it, it turns out that stress can trigger various diseases, one of which is high blood pressure. Therefore, stress needs to be reduced and managed properly. Indeed, the heavy pressures of life sometimes make the mind anxious, but that does not mean stress and anxiety cannot be managed. You can manage stress by means of meditation, relaxation, yoga, or doing anything else you like. With well-managed stress, high blood pressure can be lowered.
8. Limit Caffeine IntakeNot only salt and sodium that must be limited. The next way to lower high blood pressure is to limit the intake of caffeine into the body. Caffeine found in tea and coffee can increase the performance of the heart so that high blood pressure becomes uncontrolled. No wonder if after consuming coffee, a person will feel heart palpitations and dizziness. This means, there is an increase in blood pressure in the body. You need to reduce caffeine so that blood pressure can go down and stabilize.
9. Quit SmokingThe next way to lower high blood pressure is to stop smoking. Smoking habits are the main trigger for high blood pressure in a person. Active smokers tend to have a risk of various diseases such as hypertension, heart disease, stroke, and so on. Therefore, make sure you stop smoking to get normal blood pressure.
10. Limit Alcohol ConsumptionNot only cigarettes, alcohol is also a cause of rising blood pressure. Alcohol is very dangerous for the body because it can cause various complications. For this reason, how to lower high blood pressure can be done by eliminating the habit of consuming alcohol.
11. Get enough sleepA healthy lifestyle will make your body always fit and avoid various diseases. One way to maintain a healthy lifestyle is to maintain and ensure adequate sleep every day. Adequate sleep can reduce the risk of hypertension. This is because during sleep the organs of the body are given the opportunity to rest. Conversely, lack of sleep will make vital organs feel tired and ultimately not function properly. So, as a way to lower high blood pressure, you need to get enough and regular sleep every day.
12. Always Monitor Blood Pressure at Home or Check with the DoctorMaintaining and lowering blood pressure so that it becomes normal can be done by monitoring blood pressure regularly, both at home and in the hospital. There is now a blood pressure meter that you can use at home so you can know for sure what your blood pressure is. By always monitoring your blood pressure, you will know when your blood pressure has increased. As a result, you can immediately find ways to lower high blood pressure or seek medical help before it's too late.
13. Get Support from Family or FriendsFor people with hypertension, support from family or friends is very necessary. Make sure the people closest to you know that you are trying to lower your blood pressure. By having support from around, you will be motivated to reduce tension and maintain health.
14. Consumption of Herbal Plants That Can Help Lower High BloodIn addition to using drugs, high blood pressure can also be lowered by using herbal plants. Herbal plants are available in the environment, so you can make good use of them.
The following is a list of herbal plants that can be consumed as a way to lower high blood pressure.
GarlicGarlic can be used as a way to lower high blood pressure. Garlic is an herbal plant that contains nitric oxide which functions to dilate blood vessels. When blood vessels dilate, blood flow will be smooth and blood pressure will return to normal. You can consume garlic as a cooking spice or chew it directly as a medicine.
GingerAnother herbal plant that can lower blood pressure is ginger. Ginger can improve blood circulation, relax blood vessels, and lower high blood pressure. Ginger can be consumed directly as a drink or used as a cooking spice.
CardamomSo far, cardamom is known as a cooking spice that makes food delicious and delicious. It turns out that its function is not only that, cardamom can also be used as a way to lower high blood pressure. Cardamom can be used as a spice for soups, stews, or additional seasoning for baked goods.
MeniranThere is another herbal plant that can be used as a blood pressure reducer, namely meniran. Meniran has a high potassium content so it can be used to stabilize blood pressure so that it is not too high. In addition, meniran also has the benefit of shedding urine.
GingerTemulawak is a typical Indonesian plant that can be used to treat diseases, one of which is high blood pressure. Temulawak contains flavonoids which have a blood pressure-lowering effect.
CeleryWho would have thought that celery can also be used to lower blood pressure. Celery contains apigenin which can stabilize the heart rate and reduce heart contractions so that blood pressure is reduced. You can use celery in various dishes such as soups, soups, and so on.
15. Take Medicines According to Doctor's RecommendationsThe last way to lower high blood pressure can be done by taking blood pressure lowering drugs recommended by doctors. If you have tried natural ways to lower blood pressure and the results are not satisfactory, you should go to the doctor for medicine. The doctor will prescribe high blood pressure medication that matches the established diagnosis. But don't buy drugs carelessly, because only a doctor knows what kind of medicine and what dose is right for you.
Those are 15 ways to lower high blood pressure that you can try to normalize blood pressure. Of course, normal blood pressure will make you healthier and avoid various complications such as heart disease, stroke, and other dangerous diseases. You need to maintain your health by adopting a healthy lifestyle and eating healthy foods. Regularly exercise at least 5 days a week to maintain body functions so that they can work properly. Don't forget to protect your health by buying the best health insurance products .